In past years, CHOSA has partnered with the following projects to provide ongoing support and monthly grants:
- Baphumelele Children’s Home: The home which inspired the founding of CHOSA – an emergency place of safety for abandoned children, and a permanent home for children who have been orphaned.
- Emasithandane Children’s Organisation: a home for orphaned and vulnerable children founded nearly 3 decades ago, providing care for over 35 children at a time.
- Mandela Park Children’s Committee: a community who organized first against illegal evictions and other housing issues, and later founded the first not-for-profit daycare and pre-school in their community.
- Qaqambani Safe Home: a home providing short-term emergency housing and care for children who have suffered from abuse or neglect, as well as long-term foster care for several children.
- Richmond Farm Community/Amandla Esizwe: an informal settlement committed to empowering and educating their youth through a daycare center and community garden
- Stars of Today: a community-run dance, drama, and debate group for teens living in the informal settlement of Kosovo, Phillipi.
- TT Section Community/SA Beware: an after-school program for young people living in one of Khayelitsha’s informal settlements to learn and perform traditional Tswana and Xhosa dances.
Over the years, CHOSA has provided once-off grants to fund specific needs at the following projects:
- Amandla Ku Lutsha: a soccer league using the sport as a tool to provide education and life skills to youth in residential care and from disadvantaged communities.
- Baphumelele Educare Centre: a holistic early childcare facility serving the Khayelitsha community.
- Joe Slovo Daycare Centre: one of the only community-run daycare centres serving an informal settlement of over 10,000 people, which also ran a community vegetable garden.
- Jujurha Preschool in Bhulungula: an early childhood education provider in one of the most remote and un-resourced villages in the Eastern Cape province.
- Kennedy Road Development Committee: a community-run daycare and feeding center who were granted emergency funds in the aftermath of a malicious attack.
- Philippi Angels Township Baseball Academy: the first baseball team from the Black townships to compete in the Baseball Association of Western Province.
- Soundz of the South: a network of activists who use hip-hop and poetry to empower young people.
- Symphony Way Pavement Dwellers: a group of evicted families who organized one of the
longest civil disobedience road occupations in South African history.